- Labour Hire Company
10 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated December 2018):
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 56% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 92% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the operation. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Many enterprises use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 77% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $12,000.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 29% look for multitasking skills; 28% look for initiative; 20% look for creative thinking; and 11% look for something else in the candidate.
- On average new candidates take between 22 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 43% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- American Staffing Association
- The Telegraph
- The Age
For more Labour Hire Company Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >