- Labour Hire Company
8 Recruiting Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment company, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated March 2019):
- Many companies use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 78% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 79% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- On average there will be between 56 and 92 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $11,000.
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 48% of them failed within 14 months and of these, 92% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the enterprise. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 42% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 33 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 41 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 31% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 13 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- The New York Times
- The Telegraph
- The Age
For more Labour Hire Company Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: